Berry Hard Work Setup (1/11)
This is the first part of a series describing the setup of the photo Berry Hard Work.
I am occasionally asked about my photo setups. Many of them are simpler than you might think.
My "photography studio" is my kitchen, and my "equipment" is a mix of traditional camera gear and things I find around my home, including
- An old black shelf, elevated with a couple of boxes from the pantry.
- A sheet of clear acrylic to provide reflections under the subjects.
- Some poster board to form the "back wall" and prop up the rear of a large round diffuser.
- An old lamp not to provide light, but to hold up the front of the diffuser.
- A strip of black cloth draped across the rear of the diffuser to darken the back of the scene.
- My camera, a Nikon D50 purchased used from a friend a few years ago mounted on a Gorillapod tripod.
- A couple of clear plastic cups to hold up the end of my macro lens.
- A remote control for my camera.
For the photo Berry Hard Work, I added a sheet of red poster board sandwiched between the black shelf and the acrylic sheet and held in place with large binder clips.
|See Also: Setup 1||Setup 2||Setup 3||Setup 4||Setup 5||Setup 6||Setup 7||Setup 8||Setup 9||Setup 10||Setup 11||Berry Hard Work|
This setup photo has also been seen in these places:
It's Yours For Free
Would you like to use this photo on your blog, news website, presentation, or other project? All of the photos here are licensed for free use under a Creative Commons attribution license as long as you credit me, JD Hancock. Really!
Ready to use this photo for free?
This photo was taken in my kitchen using some pretty simple Gear. You might be surprised to discover how low-tech my "photography studio" really is.
This photo was posted to Flickr on 23 April 2013. The last time I checked, it had 46,947 views on Flickr.
The media type of this image is "photo." The original file type was "jpg." The photo's dimensions are 1024 x 768, giving it landscape orientation.
Unless otherwise noted, the image was created by me, JD Hancock.
Berry Hard Work Setup (1/11) by JD Hancock is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available.